International assignments and expatriate support are an important part of global business today. Research has shown that the inability to adapt to the host culture is amongst the most cited reasons for assignment failure. In order to minimize the risk of this occurring, and relying on our wealth of experience in organizing culture and country specific trainings, we assist our clients to help their employees (and families, if applicable) settle in well and adapt successfully to the host culture.
ADAPT TO GHANA EASILY
MAIN PROGRAM FEATURES
- Developing cultural self-awareness.
- Defining culture.
- Analysing personal and family “culture shock” and developing effective coping strategies.
- Personal and professional adjustment issues and challenges.
- Developing and understanding of host values, customs and etiquette and their possible impact on work and social life.
- Destination specific briefing (local history, politics, economy, etiquette and social norms).
- Working in the host location: analysing differences in hierarchy, power distance, low/high context, management styles, giving and receiving feedback.
- Participants will discuss, evaluate and review various situations, from different perspectives, in order to reach a deeper understanding of working and living in Ghana.
- Methodologies may include a mix of the following: reading material, quizzes, map completion, use of artefacts/photos, role plays/simulations, exercises, analysis and discussion of DVDs/audio clips, small group work, individual presentations and case studies.
- The open format will allow participants to ask questions and discuss previous experiences as well as practical issues surrounding the challenges and opportunities of working and living in Ghana.